Saturday, January 17, 2009

Alphabet Juice

Skimmer. Blount’s mastery of language combined with his finely honed wit provide many occasions for laughter on the pages of this unusual book. The full title discloses his skills: Alphabet Juice: The Energies, Gists, and Spirits of Letters, Words, and Combinations Thereof; Their Roots, Bones, Innards, Piths, Pips, and Secret Parts, ... With Examples of Their Usage Foul and Savory. I attempted to read it from the beginning forward, and while I found some pleasure and laughter in this approach, found that I became bored quickly. I then skimmed back and forth, stopping at pages that had some interest. I found more pleasure in that approach, and decided not to try again to read it from beginning to end.

Rating: Shelf of Ennui

Click here to purchase Alphabet Juice from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment