Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cream Puff Murder

Sweet. My introduction to Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swensen Mysteries series came at the recent and eleventh installment, Cream Puff Murder. This novel is light and fun, and contains no calories unless you make any of the included recipes. While I found Hannah Swensen to be an interesting and engaging protagonist, I found most other characters to be under-developed, or in this case, undercooked. While I guessed the murderer early on, that person’s character was pretty one-dimensional. Hannah’s friend detective Mike Kingson also came across as pretty narrow and incomplete. Those concerns aside, Cream Puff Murder is a sweet mystery, and the recipes seemed pretty tasty to me. Don’t expect much beyond a structured formula and simple plot.

Rating: Two-star (Mildly Recommended)

Click here to purchase Cream Puff Murder from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment