Monday, December 14, 2009

The Professional

Passion. Robert B. Parker’s 37th installment in the Spenser series, The Professional, represents a solid addition to the collection. As a regular reader, I count on Parker to provide fine dialog, character development, and a plot that retains momentum to the end. Each of my expectations was met in The Professional, and both Hawk and Susan continued to develop along with Spenser in this offering which leads to reflections about passion. I think of a long running fiction series like this one as analogous to a television series: not every installment is a block buster, but when the episode ended, I felt like I hadn’t wasted too much time. Any reader looking for a quick novel that goes down easily is likely to enjoy The Professional.

Rating: Three-star (Recommended)
Click here to purchase The Professional from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment