Monday, June 14, 2010

I'll Mature When I'm Dead: Dave Barry's Amazing Tales of Adulthood

Longer. I miss Dave Barry’s humor columns, so when a collection of 18 new and longer pieces was published as I'll Mature When I'm Dead: Dave Barry's Amazing Tales of Adulthood, I scooped up a copy. All but one of the pieces was new, and are packed with Barry’s trademark quirky humor. After the first half dozen or so, I found myself still laughing, but concluding that longer isn’t necessarily better. Barry honed his craft on shorter work, and having more space doesn’t necessarily lead to better writing. Most readers will laugh and enjoy each of these pieces. For my taste, shorter was better.

Rating: Two-star (Mildly Recommended)
Click here to purchase I’ll Mature When I’m Dead from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment