Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void

Curiosity. Mary Roach has a lot of curiosity and she exercises that quality with abundance in her new book, Packing for Mars. Every question I’ve ever thought of about life in zero gravity and the space program, Roach asks and answers in this book, with a verve and sense of humor that had me laughing out loud. I hadn’t considered what a friend gravity is until she explored the challenge of hygiene in space, and now I know more about the topic that I ever really wanted to know. Roach presents a history of the space program as part of this book and passes along many of the aspects of the program that NASA may not appreciate, and the candor of astronauts was lively. Any reader with an interest in odd science writing and a good sense of humor will enjoy this book.

Rating: Three-star (Recommended)
Click here to purchase Packing for Mars from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment