Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Octopus: Sam Israel, the Secret Market, and Wall Street's Wildest Con

Delusions. If, like me, you recall reading stories in the business press about the scams, fraud and antics of Sam Israel, you might enjoy reading Guy Lawson’s book, Octopus: Sam Israel, the Secret Market, and Wall Street's Wildest Con. If this book were a novel, it would fail because readers would find the behavior of the central character to be unbelievable. Thanks to Lawson, we can read a bizarre and entertaining story about a very strange individual who follows his delusions in many directions. Readers who have an interest in financial markets, crime and bizarre behavior are those most likely to enjoy this book. I found myself thinking throughout, “this guy is nuts,” and by the time I finished the book, I was still shaking my head wondering why I bothered reading it. Rating: Two-star (Mildly Recommended) Click here to purchase Octopus from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment