Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Cursing Mommy's Book of Days: A Novel

Weary. Ian Frazier expanded his Cursing Mommy character from brief New Yorker pieces into a novel titled, The Cursing Mommy’s Book of Days. While I laughed at some parts of this book, I became weary before long, and there just weren’t enough funny bits to keep me entertained. Structured like a diary, some entries were terrific, and others fell flat for me. At his best, Frazier is hilarious, and the Cursing Mommy expresses her frustration with life with precision cursing that caused me great delight. The hilarity was spread a little too thin, and after a while I became tired of the Cursing Mommy and was ready to emit a curse or two of my own. Rating: Two-star (Mildly Recommended) Click here to purchase The Cursing Mommy’s Book of Days from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment