Friday, April 12, 2013

Life After Life

Again. Very few readers are likely to receive Kate Atkinson’s novel, Life After Life, in a lukewarm manner. Chances are you will love it or hate it. The conceit she develops is that the protagonist, Ursula Todd, dies again and again. In each new life, some things remain the same, and other things change. While I am often impatient, I yielded to Atkinson and let her lead me again and again to a similar and different life. I found the nuance and the repetition to be so carefully crafted that I marveled at her skill and enjoyed her prose thoroughly. This novel is like nothing else I’ve read and I loved the creativity are imagination displayed. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Life After Life from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment