Saturday, March 22, 2014

After I'm Gone

Missing. Fans of crime fiction will find lots of successful elements in Laura Lippman’s latest novel, After I’m Gone. Felix Brewer disappears, rather than face prison. He leaves behind his wife, Bambi, and his daughters, as well as a mistress. Lippman develops the characters, especially the female ones, into fully formed complex people whom any reader would recognize. The plot moves quickly, and provides lots of avenues for exploration by Sandy Sanchez, who has taken on a cold case for investigation. Lippman explores the themes of loyalty, sacrifice and betrayal with great skill. I was thoroughly entertained by this novel. Lippman’s frequent protagonist, Tess Monaghan, makes a brief appearance, and teases readers into thinking about what might be next both for Tess and for Sandy. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase After I’m Gone from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment