Friday, August 8, 2014

But Enough About You

Entertaining. I tried to restrain myself and parcel out only one essay per day from the new collection from Christopher Buckley titled, But Enough About You. I failed. I could not read just one. After being entertained by one, I found myself reading one more, and then perhaps another. Buckley tickles my funny bone in a way that seems effortless, but belies the great skill he deploys in choosing just the right words. The range of these 100 essays is broad and deep: from travel to book reviews to social commentary to eulogy to child rearing to eating well to friendship to speechwriting to politics. For each topic, Buckley applies a wit and style that entertained me thoroughly. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase But Enough About You from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment