Friday, November 21, 2014

Prince Lestat

Ensemble. The progenitor of the modern vampire novel, Anne Rice, is back after a decade with another book in this genre titled, Prince Lestat. I spend a pleasant few days during an early cold snap reading this novel in my warm home and recalling when and where I read all the earlier novels in this series. Fans of the series are those most likely to enjoy this updating and maturing of the huge cast of characters reprised from the earlier novels along with new ones updated for this decade. This ensemble cast requires a reference guide, which Rice offers for any of us who may have trouble keeping them all these characters straight. While I read this novel quickly, I noted just how much tedious exposition detracts from the core story. First time readers who start here may find the action timid, the dialogue brief, and the exposition somewhat long. By the time I finished, I concluded that I’ve enjoyed these chronicles from the beginning, and was content along with many of the characters that they have become mature and settled in their lives. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Prince Lestat from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment