Friday, March 20, 2015

A Spool of Blue Thread

Storytelling. I think one reason that Anne Tyler’s fiction pleases so many readers is that so many of us enjoy fine storytelling. In her latest novel titled, A Spool of Blue Thread, Tyler remains in Baltimore and tells readers the story of the Whitshank family and a house that was important to them across generations. This melding of people and place is something Tyler does so well. I gave myself over to her in this novel, and enjoyed every minute listening to the story of this family. While giving myself over to her, I was alert to the many ways in which she uses her characters and their situations to deliver deep insight about our human condition. Fans of Tyler will love this novel, and any reader will likely appreciate and enjoy her fine storytelling skills. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase A Spool of Blue Thread from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment