Friday, December 4, 2015

So We Read On: How The Great Gatsby Came to Be and Why It Endures

Enthusiasm. I set aside Maureen Corrigan’s book about The Great Gatsby titled, So We Read On, while I dug up an old copy of Fitzgerald’s novel. I decided to read the novel again as a refresher, since I last read it fifty years ago. After some procrastination, I ended up reading Gatsby in an afternoon, after which I picked up Corrigan’s book. Her enthusiasm for the book comes across powerfully, and her skill as a teacher transcends the classroom and enlivens the printed page. Having read her loving account of this favorite novel, I decided to give Fitzgerald one more reading before I set the novel aside. I was more enthusiastic having had Corrigan’s love rub off on me. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase So We Read On from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment