Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A Truck Full of Money: One Man's Quest to Recover from Great Success

Unfinished. Tracy Kidder writes about the life of Paul English in his book titled, A Truck Full of Money: One Man’s Quest to Recover from Great Success. In many respects, this book describes volume one in the life of this interesting person. English was a co-founder of Kayak, and it was from the sale of that company that he obtained the money from the book’s title. To place that success in context, Kidder describes Paul’s early life, his struggle with the mood swings from his bipolar disorder, sometimes treated with medication, other times not. What flows from Paul’s mania can be great ideas that lead to new things, or a spiral of unfinished things that might have been. The quest involves a search for meaning and for how Paul can make a difference. Few writers are as skilled as Kidder at nonfiction narrative, and I have enjoyed every book of his that I’ve read. While I enjoyed this one, after I turned the last page, I reflected that the best parts of this unfinished life may be ahead. Read the book and see if you agree with me. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase A Truck Full of Money from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment