Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Mister Monkey

Disturbed. I was shaken out of my comfort zone from the first few pages of Francine Prose’s novel titled, Mister Monkey. I found myself becoming interested in what was happening on the set of a very terrible children’s musical. Once hooked, Prose had me laughing while watching her draw out the humanity of a wide cast of characters as she examines their lives closely. As I read on, I kept thinking about love, laughing, and wincing. There are millions of stories in the city, and Francine Prose knows how to create characters who may disturb and delight us at the same time. Let’s not even get started about Darwin, or dating. At every turn, Prose kept me with her, asking for more. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Mister Monkey from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment