Thursday, August 3, 2017

Priestdaddy

Depth. The more pages I read in Patricia Lockwood’s memoir titled, Priestdaddy, the more I wanted to read. Her prose is wonderful. I don’t know how long it took her to compose each sentence, but the result is terrific. She can be hilarious at the beginning of a paragraph, and by the end, can leave a reader with a deep insight into human nature. Her father, Greg Lockwood, is a Catholic priest. Her home life was unusual, and she mines her father’s quirkiness and the family situation for all she can find and share. She can be raunchy on one page, slapstick hilarious on the next, and then offer deep insight. Lockwood does all this with such ease and grace that I finished the book hungry for more. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Priestdaddy from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment