Friday, May 11, 2018

Let Me Lie

Turns. Fans of intricately plotted crime fiction are those readers most likely to enjoy Clare Mackintosh’s novel titled, Let Me Lie. Protagonist Anna Johnson is a new mom who still grieves the death of both her parents within the past year. After Anna receives a message that “it was not suicide,” she stumbles onto retired detective Murray Mackenzie who now works as a civilian at the desk of a local police station. Murray, Anna and readers are all trying to connect the dots as Mackintosh uses multiple narrators to present the story and to lead us all astray. I gave up counting the number of turns I made while reading this novel. By the end, I was entertained and satisfied, confident that I will do a better job at finding clues next time. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Let Me Lie from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment