Thursday, April 25, 2019

Outside Looking In

Sacrament. I like most of what T.C. Boyle writes. I’ve especially enjoyed his skill in skewering hucksters in his novels. While I was reading his novel titled, Outside Looking In, about Timothy O’Leary, I was remembering his much earlier novel about the Kellogg’s titled, The Road to Wellville. O’Leary convinces disciples to follow him into lives centered around the sacrament: LSD. The tripping is described with great skill, and the commune is filled with a cast of well-drawn characters who behave exactly as most readers would expect. Con men are great characters, and Boyle offers readers O’Leary at his conniving best. Fans of fine writing, especially those with a good sense of humor are those most likely to enjoy this novel. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Outside Looking In from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment