Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Trust Exercise

Memory. Is truth what really happened or what we remember? As I finished reading Susan Choi’s novel titled, Trust Exercise, that’s the question I came away with. We meet Sarah and David at age fifteen at the beginning of the book, set in 1982, as a third person narrator describes their relationship and the acting class that helped form them when they were adolescents. The second section of the novel is from Sarah’s perspective in the late 1990s, after she has become a successful author. Choi writes with great skill, and she leads readers to the coda of the novel at which time I found myself thinking about the question I note at the beginning of this review. Fans of literary fiction are those readers most likely to enjoy this novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Trust Exercise from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment