Friday, December 20, 2019

Reader, Come Home: The Reading Brain in a Digital World

Neuroscience. What happens in my brain when I read? That’s the question that led me to opening Maryanne Wolf’s book titled, Reader, Come Home: The Reading Brain in a Digital World. Some of my reading is through printed books, some through digital text and some by listening to audiobooks. Wolf describes in this book the impact of screens on our brains and her presentation will cause readers to think about the meaning of deep reading and to assess one’s ability to maintain or increase our intellectual capabilities. Wolf writes for a general audience in a style that’s engaging and interesting. Now that I’ve read this book, I know that my brain achieved positive outcomes from the process, and I am pleased to recommend this book to your brain as well. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Reader Come Home from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment