Thursday, March 26, 2020

All My Goodbyes

Sadness. The protagonist of Mariana Dimópulos’ novel titled, All My Goodbyes, has more than her share of sadness and sorrow. It seems like every time a human connection is made, it’s time for it to be broken. Dimópulos explores in this novel our connections to people and places. There’s a feeling of discomfort for readers as the chronology and location shifts erratically, giving us the same unsettled feeling as the protagonist. Most of us are oriented toward a person or a place, but some people are never so settled. It won’t take long to read this short novel, but it has taken me a long time to become reoriented and to shake off the sadness from these finely written pages. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase All My Goodbyes from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment