Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Dragon Pearl

Quest. While I am not the target demographic for a middle school science fiction novel (although some of my grandchildren are), I find that there are times when any adult can be very satisfied by reading a book in this genre. I thoroughly enjoyed Yoon Ha Lee’s novel titled, Dragon Pearl, in which thirteen-year old protagonist Min goes on a quest to find out why her older brother uncharacteristically left his Space Forces battle cruiser. There’s adventure on these pages, ghosts, lots of action and reinforcement of family values. Min uses fox magic and deceit at many turns to complete her quest. Consider reading this fun story as a distraction from whatever place may be calling for your escape. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Dragon Pearl from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment