Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lyndon B. Johnson

Insecurity. I’ve liked each of the books I’ve read in the American Presidents Series, and the latest for me, Lyndon B. Johnson, may be the shortest book about the 36th president I’ve read. Despite the brevity, Charles Peters captured Johnson quite well, in my opinion, especially the insecurity he felt throughout his life. Peters presents the highs and lows of Johnson’s life and presidency, and through snippets covers the man fully, warts and all. The way in which Johnson berated his subordinates has always intrigued me, and Peters covers that with clarity and efficiency. Any reader who enjoys history and efficient writing will appreciate this book.

Rating: Three-star (Recommended)
Click here to purchase Lyndon B Johnson from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment