Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Washington: A Life

Fresh. I opened Ron Chernow’s 900 page biography, Washington: A Life, with the expectation that I would become bored quickly and put it aside. After all, is there anything new or fresh to add to the extensive books that have been written about the first President over the past two centuries? I was pleasantly surprised that I found myself absorbed in a story that, while familiar, came across as fresh and alive. Before I knew it I was hooked, and I was happy to read through to the end, learning many new tidbits about Washington along the way. Any reader who enjoys American history will find something to appreciate in this finely written biography.

Rating: Three-star (Recommended)
Click here to purchase Washington from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment