Friday, July 22, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen

Lesser. After I finished reading the seven short stories from Adam Ross titled after one, Ladies and Gentlemen, I found myself wishing he had spent his time on a novel instead. Ross’ debut novel, Mr. Peanut, took the time and space to explore and develop characters in ways that kept me interested and engaged. The quality in this story collection was mixed. I found myself satisfied with two or three, and found the majority less absorbing. I had the feeling that Ross knocked off some of these stories as a break from writing something longer, and he didn’t devote the same time and energy to these as he did to his novel. For readers who like short stories, these are worth a sampling.

Rating: Two-star (Mildly Recommended)
Click here to purchase Ladies and Gentlemen from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment