Saturday, December 27, 2014

41: A Portrait of My Father

Heart. It’s no ordinary thing to read a biography of a former president by the son of that person who is also a former president. This loving presentation of the life of George H. W. Bush titled, 41: A Portrait of My Father, is written by our 43rd president, George W. Bush. While I have a bundle of disagreements with the policies of both these presidents, I was moved by the deep affection and love of a son for his father whose life has been packed with significant accomplishments. The value and importance of family resonates throughout this book. A bonus in the book comes in the form of the reflections of George W. Bush about his own presidency when those comments fit what he had to say about his dad. Any reader interested in politics and public life will find a lot to enjoy from reading this book. I finished the book feeling better about both the subject and the author. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase 41 from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment