Friday, January 23, 2015

The Peripheral

Future. My patience was strained during the first few dozen pages of William Gibson’s novel titled, The Peripheral. I found myself constantly asking myself: “What’s going on here?” and receiving no clear answer. After I turned off that questioning in my mind, and just kept reading, the pieces came together and I was both entertained and intrigued by this complicated tale of different connected futures. I was delighted by Gibson’s dialogue, and found myself thinking a little more deeply about the consequences of technological change on our humanity. Here’s my advice: pick this book up, start reading a little. If you think you have the patience to keep at, chances are you’ll be richly rewarded. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Peripheral from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment