Friday, March 13, 2015

An Event in Autumn

Retirement. I find that I like to take the Kurt Wallander novels by Henning Mankell in small doses, because I find the gloominess and depression of Wallander to be contagious. The under two hundred pages of An Event in Autumn seemed to me to be just the small dose I could tolerate. I was entertained and felt no contagion from Wallander’s loneliness and overall gloom. In this installment of the series, Wallander is considering retirement from the force, and making a move to the country. Through a colleague, he considers a house that he could afford, and plans to make a purchase offer until he finds the skeletal hand of a corpse in the yard. Retirement plans are placed on pause as Wallander tries to identify the deceased and figure out what happened. Fans of the series are those readers most likely to enjoy reading this short addition to the collection, as are those readers who like brief fiction. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase An Event in Autumn from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment