Thursday, March 23, 2017

Where My Heart Used to Beat

Loneliness. Robert Hendricks, the protagonist and narrator of Sebastian Faulks’ novel titled, Where My Heart Used to Beat, fought in World War II and at age 60 has reached a time when he wants to reflect on the meaning of his life and come to grips with his loneliness. He accepts an invitation from an elderly man who knew Hendricks’ father in World War I, and their conversations provide the bulk of the narrative. Faulks explores the scars of war, mental health and the ways in which love and memory endure. How do the wounds from atrocities heal? Faulks explores that question and others in this finely written novel. Readers who enjoy psychological fiction are those most likely to enjoy this novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Where My Heart Used to Beat from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment