Thursday, July 6, 2017

Swell

Rockaway. I spent most of every April to October in the 1950s and 1960s on the Rockaway peninsula. My parents had a bungalow in Roxbury and most of my childhood memories of Summer are set in that place. When I heard that Jill Eisenstadt was writing again about Rockaway, I knew I had to read her novel titled, Swell. Readers need not share my personal connection to this place to enjoy Eisenstadt’s great writing and her insights into human behavior. She creates a great cast of complex characters in this novel, places them in interesting situations, and allows readers to enter a special place and the ways in which the people in Rockaway live life to its fullest. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Swell from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment