Saturday, August 12, 2017

The Switch

Bumbling. Not many thrillers make me laugh. The plot and characters in Joseph Finder’s novel titled, The Switch, delivered great amusement to this reader. When smart people do stupid things, I am never surprised and often amused. Protagonist Michael Tanner picks up the wrong laptop at security and takes every possible action that did nothing to rectify the error. The owner of the laptop he took is a United States Senator, and she and her staff also did everything in such a bumbling manner that created all the thrilling tension in the novel. I wanted to yell at several characters to do the simple thing, not the bumbling thing. Readers with high tolerance for implausible plot lines are those most likely to enjoy reading this novel, as are those readers, like me, who enjoy a laugh even from a thriller. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Switch from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment