Thursday, October 26, 2017

We Are Never Meeting in Real Life

Dedication. I readily confess that I always read the dedications and acknowledgements of books I finish. Samantha Irby grabbed my attention with the dedication for her essay collection titled, We Are Never Meeting in Real Life. She dedicated the book to klonopin, a brand name for the anxiety medication clonazepam. I was alert to expect to read a distinct and likely funny voice in these 21 essays, and I was not disappointed. Irby simultaneously led me to laugh, and to realize that she was conveying some profound truth. I loved her direct style of writing and how could you not be drawn to the cover of this book? That’s before meeting Irby’s cat, Helen Keller. It only gets better after the cover and the dedication. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase We Are Never Meeting in Real Life from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment