Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Leonardo da Vinci

Curiosity. I wonder if the successful bidder of $450 million for the Leonardo painting titled, Salvator Mundi, read Walter Isaacson’s book titled, Leonardo da Vinci, prior to making an offer on the artwork. I also wonder what Leonardo would have thought of the selling price. Perhaps my curiosity was stimulated by this finely written book in which Isaacson explores Leonardo’s life and work. The artist took great joy in distractions, never flagged in his curiosity, let things marinate for years, and did not finish a lot of what he started. A close observer of many things, Leonardo spent his whole life in continuous improvement. The words and images in this book brought me great pleasure and more questions. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Leonardo da Vinci from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment