Thursday, August 15, 2019

The Source of Self-Regard: Selected Essays, Speeches, and Meditations

Prowess. If the occasion of Toni Morrison’s death leads you to read or reread her fiction, by all means do it. A few days before her death, I read a collection titled, The Source of Self-Regard: Selected Essays, Speeches, and Meditations, and she has been on my mind in recent weeks. I love her novels, and this collection reveals that same clear voice in personal ways and with vision and deep thought. Whenever and however Morrison spoke, attention must be paid by those willing to learn a thing or two. On some pages, we hear Morrison the teacher, on others, the editor, and on others the award-winning author. Her prowess appears throughout, and I finished reading this collection inspired and perhaps a tiny bit wiser. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase The Source of Self-Regard from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment