Monday, December 21, 2020

Trust: America's Best Chance

Process. Former South Bend Mayor and nominated Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg taps into the zeitgeist in a book titled, Trust: America's Best Chance. He describes that the most important work of our time ahead is the restoration (or creation) of trust among all citizens. He explores the steps and the process that we could use to make trust work again in American life. We need to place trust in our institutions, in each other and in our fragile experiment in democracy. New networks of trust need to be established to pull us together to address the most important issues of our time, including climate change, racial justice and economic justice. I found myself thinking of the many times in my life when others placed their trust in me, and when I extended my trust to others. I reflected on those times when my trust in someone was abused, and the challenge of trying to rebuild trust once it was lost. Readers interested in our democratic society and in public policy are those most likely to enjoy reading this timely book. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Trust from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment