Friday, July 22, 2011

Dimiter

Mysteries. I’ve had William Peter Blatty’s novel, Dimiter, sitting around for more than a year, and I had put off reading it because I read that the plot was convoluted, and wanted to save it for a time when I could concentrate. A recent multi-day power outage removed all distractions, so I was able to give this novel my undivided attention over two days. The plot is complicated, more than convoluted, and the reward for engaged readers is an exploration into the world of mysteries, past and present, and cogent reflection on the mysteries of goodness and sacrifice. This is an unusual novel, finely written, and will be appreciated most by those readers with the patience and diligence to pay close attention.

Rating: Three-star (Recommended)
Click here to purchase Dimiter from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment