Friday, May 25, 2012

Dropped Names: Famous Men and Women As I Knew Them

Vignettes. Frank Langella’s new book, Dropped Names: Famous Men and Women As I Knew Them, is in a class of its own. Neither memoir nor biography, this book presents Langella’s recollections of encounters he’s had, brief or long, with a host of interesting people. The key in the subtitle is “as I knew them.” Langella intends to tell us his take on these people, which he knows is neither definitive nor complete. The special quality of this book is that reading each chapter is like hearing a guest at table relate a great story. I found Langella’s “take it or leave it” attitude about his experience to be refreshing, and I liked this book a lot. Rating: Four-star (Highly Recommended) Click here to purchase Dropped Names from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment