Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

Vicarious. Once a started reading Cheryl Strayed’s memoir, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, I put everything else aside until I finished it. Following her mother’s death and her own divorce, Strayed decided to take time off and on something of a whim, decided to hike 1,100 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. Somewhat unprepared with too much gear and the wrong size shoes, her grit and determination brought me vicarious pleasure as I read about something I would never do. Her reckless behavior and her transformation were compelling to read because of the clarity and candor of her writing. A friend recommended this book, and I pass that recommendation along to any reader who enjoys true stories of the indomitable human spirit. Rating: Four-star (Highly Recommended) Click here to purchase Wild from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment