Monday, July 16, 2012

The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin: Two Short Novels from Crosstown to Oblivion


Imaginative. I often find myself becoming comfortable with the writing style of a favorite author and I set my expectations on opening a new work based on what I’ve read before. Walter Mosley departs from his crime fiction in a new book presenting two novellas titled, The Gift of Fire/On the Head of a Pin: Two Short Novels from Crosstown to Oblivion. While a departure and an upset to my expectations, Mosley’s fine writing and imaginative exposition delighted me. Both novellas tackle an exploration of our humanity using great story telling and some twisting of perceptions of reality. Readers looking for fiction that’s clever, imaginative and brief are those most likely to enjoy this book. Rating: Three-star (Recommended) Click here to purchase The Gift of Fire from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment