Monday, January 6, 2014

Andrew's Brain

Confusion. I first read E.L. Doctorow’s novel, Andrew’s Brain, in a single sitting on an airplane flight. For much of the book, I remained confused, but enjoyed Doctorow’s skill in presenting images using just the right words, and the way in which he gradually revealed the memories of the protagonist, Andrew. My second reading occurred a few days later, and having completed the novel, I was able to reduce my confusion and more fully enjoy and appreciate Doctorow’s fine writing. There are three brains required to unravel this novel: Doctorow’s, Andrew’s and the reader’s. This novel will appeal in a special way to those readers who prefer to engage one’s brain while reading. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Andrew’s Brain from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment