Saturday, December 27, 2014

How to be Both

Artists. It’s rare for me to finish reading a novel and have this thought: that was really something different. I had that experience when I finished Ali Smith’s novel titled, How to be Both. All artists require an audience, and it is through our eyes that the art is experienced. Smith offers readers the choice to select either Georgia or Del Cossa as the starting point, either today, or 500 years ago. These women are separated by time and united by art. We are drawn into their worlds and it is our observations that bring interpretation, understanding and insight. Smith’s prose is an art in and of itself. This inventive novel entertained me, and will likely delight those readers who enjoy creative literary writing. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase How to be Both from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment