Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Girl Next Door

Wrinklies. The elderly characters in this novel annoyed the hell out of me. Now that I’ve dissed the wrinklies and gotten that out of my system, I can offer a few comments about Ruth Rendell’s novel titled, The Girl Next Door. We learn of a murder at the beginning of the book, so there is no mystery as to who did it. The plot involves the cast of characters decades later and their lives and connections to that past event and to each other. Readers who like crime fiction that explores psychological insight are those most likely to enjoy reading this novel. I struggled through to the end, finding the development of each character a bit tedious, and I caught myself not caring a wit about any of them. Rating: Three-star (It’s ok) Click here to purchase The Girl Next Door from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment