Friday, November 6, 2015

Charlie Martz and Other Stories: The Unpublished Stories

Range. I’ve been a fan of Elmore Leonard for a long time, so when I saw a posthumous collection of his short stories titled, Charlie Martz and Other Stories, I knew I would read them. Eleven of the fifteen stores are published here for the first time. At the time some of them were written, and in the form presented here, that’s not a surprise. Most of them needed work. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading each story here, and I was impressed by the range of Leonard’s writing. There’s hope for any aspiring writer on these pages: if Leonard went from some of this prose to what he wrote later in life, then there’s a path one can follow that shows how persistence in writing and hard work can lead to considerable improvement. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Charlie Martz and Other Stories from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment