Friday, September 16, 2016

Grief Is the Thing with Feathers

Tornado. From the first page through the last of Max Porter’s debut novel titled, Grief Is the Thing with Feathers, I felt like I was lifted by a tornado and taken to some other place where I landed with total disorientation. That’s precisely what grief can do to us. We are pulled away from our life in a whirlwind and land with a sense of disorientation given our loss. Porter captures that sensation with prose, poetry, dreams, the character of a trickster crow and many other devices that support his effort to create art that conveys grief. This may be the most unusual novel I’ve read this year, and I liked it a lot. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Grief Is the Thing with Feathers from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment