Friday, February 9, 2018

The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane

Tradition. I consumed many cups of tea while reading Lisa See's novel titled, The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane. None of those cups was brewed from the Pu Erh cake teas described in this novel, since I've never developed a taste for that tea. Give me an oolong any day, along with a second flush Darjeeling for my bride. See describes the changing lives of people across generations and continents and the ways in which tradition provides continuity for finding one's way in the world. I was drawn into the story and the lives of these interesting characters, and before long I cared very much about what happens to them. This is a sweeping story with a big heart that will appeal to those readers who appreciate a well-told story with emotional tugs. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment