Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Fire and Blood

Prequel. Please don’t quiz me to differentiate all the characters and dragons in the Game of Thrones prequel by George R.R. Martin, a novel titled, Fire and Blood. Westeros fans have been pressing Martin for the next installment and this 700-page diversion is likely to meet with mixed reviews. Structured as a history, I think it is also book one of another series. The cult of Martin wants him to write faster, and I expect even he has some trouble keeping all the characters straight. For readers who like the world of Westeros, here’s another hefty installment with intrigue, treachery, battles and dragons. I read it in Chicago waiting for Winter to come and was well entertained. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Fire and Blood from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment