Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Milkman

Challenging. Reading is usually more fun than roaming in the stream of consciousness of Anna Burns in her novel titled, Milkman. This book won the Man Booker prize, and that’s why I added it to my reading queue. I recommend this book to patient readers who are comfortable with unusual structure, unnamed characters, and few signposts to help one figure things out. Fans of literary fiction who enjoy finely written prose are those most likely to enjoy this novel. I expect Burns won the prize because of her finely crafted language in this novel. For many readers, it takes more than language to bring reading pleasure. Those readers are warned about this challenging novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Milkman from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment