Monday, August 5, 2019

Oliver Wendell Holmes: A Life in War, Law, and Ideas

Zeal. I love reading a book that closes a gap in my learning that I didn’t know was there. Stephen Budiansky’s biography titled, Oliver Wendell Holmes: A Life in War, Law, and Ideas, taught me loads of things I never knew about the renowned jurist. Before reading this book, I knew about some of Holmes’ Supreme Court opinions. Now, I know about his full life: his zeal for living, how formative his Civil War service was, his many engaging relationships, his lively conversational style and his hunger for knowledge. I feel a bond with Holmes the fellow reader, and when I read about him enjoying P.G. Wodehouse, I felt like I made a new friend. Budiansky writes for general readers in a style that will keep all readers interested throughout this finely written biography. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Oliver Wendell Holmes from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment