Thursday, July 23, 2020

Mayflower Lives: Pilgrims in a New World and the Early American Experience

Personal. Thanks to covid-19, there will be no vacation trip to Cape Cod in Summer 2020, so I took a virtual journey to that area thanks to reading Martyn Whittock’s book titled, Mayflower Lives: Pilgrims in a New World and the Early American Experience. Whittock profiles fourteen individuals as a way to personalize the lives of the saints and strangers who came to the New World in the 17th century. One of those profiled is my namesake, Stephen Hopkins, one of the strangers and not a saint, probably the only thing we have in common. Every time I read a book about this time and place, I learn something new. Fans of history are those readers most likely to enjoy the well-told stories in this book. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Mayflower Lives from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment