Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tell-All

Celebrity. Chuck Palahniuk’s Tell-All is an odd book that may have limited appeal for most readers. Palahniuk is a talented writer, and his skill shows on these pages. I enjoyed many aspects of this clever take on movie celebrity: the structure as visual scenes as if in a movie; the bold-faced names of celebrities as if they were appearing in a gossip column; and the larger-than-life behavior of protagonist Miss Kathie. After forty or fifty pages of this exposition, I found myself tiring of it all, and as if I were sitting in a movie theater, I let the pages turn and waited for the end. Any reader who loves movie celebrities, especially from decades ago, will appreciate this book.

Rating: Two-star (Mildly Recommended)
Click here to purchase Tell-All from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment